INVITEES: Leaders in Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Education including—
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Coaches
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Specialists
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Curriculum Directors
- Middle School Mathematics Department Chairs
- Elementary & Middle School Principals
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Keynote speaker John SanGiovanni, Coordinator of Elementary Mathematics in Howard County, Maryland, will offer his insights about the development of mathematical fluency.
- Morning and afternoon breakout sessions will focus on specific issues related to mathematics teacher leadership in elementary and middle schools.
- Lunch will be provided.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND FEES:
- $45 per participant if registration is received BY March 8th.
- $55 per participant if registration is received AFTER March 8th.
If you have questions, please contact Sheryl Stump, email@example.com
MEET THE KEYNOTE SPEAKER ...
John SanGiovanni is the Coordinator of Elementary Mathematics in Howard County, Maryland. There he leads mathematics curriculum, digital learning, assessment, and professional development for more than 40 elementary schools. John also works as a graduate program coordinator for mathematics leadership at McDaniel College in Maryland. He is an author of more than a dozen books featuring a range of topics including effective basic fact instruction, mathematics content and pedagogy, school-based leadership actions, evidence of student thinking, and developing number sense. John is a national consultant for curriculum development and professional learning. As a former Maryland Mathematics Teacher of the Year, he continues to be active in professional organizations. He recently served on the Board of Directors for the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and currently serves as the President of the Maryland Council of Supervisors of Mathematics.
8:15-8:45 Coffee and sign-in
9:00-10:20 Keynote Presentation: Number Sense and Reasoning to Jumpstart Mathematics, John SanGiovanni, Howard County, Maryland
10:30–11:45 Breakout Session 1
- Session 1A: Creating a Culture of Empowered Math Teachers, Tom Hakim and Jessica Miller, Washington Woods Elementary School
- Session 1B: Shifts to the 8 Teaching Practices: Teachers Self-Assessment and Beyond, Laurie Ferry, Central Indiana Education Service Center
11:45-12:45 Lunch — Lunch is provided
12:45-2:00 Breakout Session 2
- Session 2A: Connecting the Dots, Nick Meyer, Stephanie Todd, Michael Roach, and Kathy Jones, Indianapolis Public Schools
- Session 2B: Utilizing the Math Framework to Plan Effective Instruction, Jennifer Jensen, Robin Conti, and Beau Scott, Indiana Department of Education
2:15-3:30 Breakout Session 3
- Building on Strengths: Seeing the Power in Children’s Mathematical Ideas, Ryan Flessner, Butler University, and Courtney Flessner, Indiana University-Bloomington